Friday, December 16, 2011

Post surgery...

I am home on the couch feeling well at the moment. The procedure went fine...had a few obstacles of course. The last thing I remember before I had my 'cocktail' was talking about Christmas decorations...then I woke up to the feeling of being drowned...

The doctor said that the septum was taking up 3/4 of my uterus....which is A LOT. Lyla is such a miracle...my poor peanuts had no space in there...anyway he said he got about 80% removed when my lungs started filling up with fluid. So they had to stop and bring me back fast. When I woke up I was in a lot of pain in my lower abdomen, throat (from the tube), and was having a hard time breathing and breathing very fast and coughing. They gave me meds to help get the fluid out of my lungs, and steroids and breathing treatments to help open my airways. Then lots of oxygen for a couple of ours until my stats got back to normal.

After I was coherent and breathing fine and my face wasn't a swollen balloon, the dr came in and explained everything to me. He said they use a lot of fluid for the procedure and once they started cutting in to the septum, it was very vascular and I started bleeding heavily, so they placed a balloon in there to stop the bleeding and continued. Because it is vascular and all the cutting, my body started to absorb too much fluid and it went to my lungs.

I know my sweet little angel was watching over me and protecting his mommy :)

I have to take some hormones to help it heal and go back in 4 weeks to get the procedure done again and remove the rest of the septum that is left, which is about 20%. Not looking forward to that, but it is what it is.

I can say that I truly know the meaning of 'parents will do anything for their children.'

1 comment: